|—||Haruki Murakami, Norwegian Wood (via 1112pm)|
Let’s Draw: Lady Knights
Compiled them all into a photoset. The prompts, respectively:1) Fists, Top Heavy, Nervous, Indian, Shark/Piscine
2) Bow, Petite, Honest, Spanish, Boar
3) Staff, Skinny, Evil, Aztec, Insectoid
4) Mace, Bulky, Mischievous, Russian, Big Cat
5) Axe, Short, Glum, Japanese, Snake
6) Sword, Athletic, Bashful, Roman, Bird of Prey
7) Shield, Perky, Plump, English, Rabbit
Another fun exercise! At the moment I’m thinking up another prompt to try. Hopefully it’ll be just as interesting!
OH MY GOODNESS. I love these so much! Those last two especially just made me giggle with joy.
I second this love.
Janelle Monae visits Sesame Street. Photos credit to Billboard.
So this is way too adorable. ❤
I screamed a lot.
When I met Merida in Disney world this Christmas, I was a wreck. I managed to work myself up into an anxiety attack before I even got into the garden. I made it through meeting her and talking to her without crying but as I grabbed my bag to leave I burst into tears, she said “no come back” and gave me a huge hug, here she was telling me to be brave. All I could think about is how I’m not brave and that she wouldn’t even talk to me if she knew what kind of person I really was. I couldn’t say any of that so I just nodded. I came back the next day and several times after during my trip to Disney. Never, in my entire life have I met someone who had such an instant effect on my life. There had been a date in my mind for several months before I met Merida. It was the 19th of January 2014 and that was the day I planned to commit suicide. Miraculously enough, I’m still here. Thanks to Merida’s kindness and her insisting that I am brave, I’m still here. I am rather far off being brave, but I’m alive and that’s what counts.
This and countless other reasons is why Disney is so important to people who are not “children”. Its awful how many times I have heard stories of guests complaining about the about of people who visit the parks who are not there just cause they have kids to take.
People thrive in fantasy worlds to help them escape the real life hardships. And when we come to the parks, we wanna see special experiences like this, not you and your family screaming at a Cast Member because something didn’t go your way. Every person who passes through a character line or an attraction line is important. Just because you are not under the age of 12 does not mean you don’t love and need a character any less.
Disney characters are like avatars for the people who seek them out. We know that they’re actors in costumes, and that doesn’t matter: we’re meeting our childhood friends, the people who told us we could be strong, and brave, and endure. There’s a reason that so many of us seek the Parks when our hearts are breaking.
This is that reason.
I never get tired of these Disney moments.
THE ADVENTURES OF JOT THE DRAGON INTRODUCTION!
HE HOARDS INFORMATION.
HE IS A DRAGON, AND HIS HOARD IS BOOKS. ALL THE BOOKS. HE WANTS ALL THE BOOKS FOREVER.
HE IS ADORKABLE, AND I LOVE HIM FOREVER, AND I’M REALLY KIND OF IRRATIONAL ABOUT JOT IF YOU HAVEN’T NOTICED.
This is an underwater sculpture, in Grenada, in honor of our African Ancestors that were thrown overboard the slave ships during the Middle Passage of the African Holocaust.
Please ‘share’ to honor their memory. NEVER FORGET.
The Evil Dead - Sam Raimi’s low budget camera rigs
That’s actually amazing
You can do it with plywood and duct tape. You can.
Now You Know useful websites:
- pipl.com - a search engine for finding people.
- privnote.com - write a note to someone that
- will self-destruct after they read it.
- recipepuppy.com - search for recipes based
- on the ingredients you have.
- thefuckingweather.com - a more profane look
- at the weather.
- wolframalpha.com - a computational knowledge
- wikirhymer.com - an online rhyming dictionary.
- unlistmy.info - find out which websites store
- data about you, and tell them to unlist your info.
- thistothat.com - find out the best way to glue
- this to that.
- and daily facts here!
1. I’m 5’11” in my bare feet, 6’ and taller in every shoe ever. Hell, I could stand on paper and be 6’.
2. For a while I wanted to make a band just so I could have a CD titled “2 Years in Oviedo.” The album cover would be a photo of that Church’s Chicken that had wild chickens wandering around it and staff would feed those chickens chicken. I’m not even kidding.
3. I keep my sonic screwdrivers (yes, plural) in a TARDIS cookie jar given as a gift. The person who gave it to me was always a bit peeved that I didn’t use it to store cookies.
4. I think chocolate chip cookie cake is the most perfect of cakes, and anyone who gives me a slice immediately becomes a friend.
5. My first summer out of high school I had a job as Lottery Girl. I gave people superhero quizzes, and lottery-esque prizes when they got the questions right (lottery tickets for the adults, hats/stickers/whatever for the kiddos). I was very good at my job because I am a total goober.